Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Catching up!!!

I started spinning the violet merino before I went to bed last night. I figured I would get about 2 ounces done, well it was spinning so easy and so fast (this merino top was so lofty and easy to draft!) that I managed 3 full ounces in just about an hour. I don't know how fast anyone else spins (I only started wheel spinning in February!) but for me that was fast. During the day today I finished the last ounce of the violet and since it was going so well I went ahead and spun the entire 4 ounces of the yellow merino. Just two ounces of the rainforest silk to spin and then I will ply the silks and the merino. I should actually have time to get the boucle yarn done!~! Wahoo! "Ride (spin)" like the wind baby!


1 comments:

KatyaR said...

Your yarn is lovely! Isn't it amazing what a sense of accomplishment you get when it's all finished and you see how pretty it looks?

I'm slow, too--I'd think 3 ounces in an hour was a speed record for me! I am getting faster. The superwash merino I started last night seems to be spinning up really quickly. I think it's partially me and mostly the fiber and my wheel. :<)