Sunday, March 19, 2006

Spring Fling and New Yarn

I finally have the picture of my Spring FLing package from Anne in MD. It is such a wonderful package with a big fluff of yak fiber (oooh so soft!) and natural silk for me to keep trying the dyeing. Also the book Knitting over the edge- which was on my wishlist, some lovely earrings handmade by Anne, purple (my favorite color) flowers, and some fun spring flower rubber stamps. That was a fun exchange!



I have now completed my first true novelty yarn. I made a two ply skein of beaded yarn. I think it turned out pretty good. The colors in the photo aren't quite true (maybe it's tiome to upgrade the camera!) but they should be deep and medium blue with aqua in there too. The lightest parts of the photo are what should be aqua...


2 comments:

Tj said...

That is really beautiful. And an inspiration too. How did you get the beads on the single, and keep them in place? Tell me, tell me , please!

Katie said...

Awesome yarn!!! It looks great--what are you going to use it for?