Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A little off-track here, but.....

Well, I have gotten a little off track getting spinning done, but I do have a good reason! My baby boy decided he was in a big hurry to get in to this world and was born at 36.5 weeks, July 16th. He's healthy and not small (6lbs, 14oz) and he's a great sleeper so far. :) My girls were two weeks earlier than the due date as well.

I did finish one full bobbin of the Fiesta Targhee and untangling the soy and Merino to get it plied. There are two skeins (I really wish I had bigger bobbins!) of three ply (2 merino 1 soysilk)which have a total of 250yds and 6.7oz. There was a little leftover merino which I two plied and that little skein is 61yds and 1.1oz. I didn't get any spinning done in the hospital though and only managed to finish knitting three dishcloths.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your baby boy! Boys are so fun. You've got a lot more spinning done than I do - and it looks great.

Peggy said...

OMG, congratulations on the baby!!!! I have three, two boys and one girl. I love them all the same, however, when they say the little girls are for the daddy's and the little boys for a moms they weren't lying. The spinning looks awesome, I love the colors.

Donna B said...

Does that mean you are a spinning mom of 5? Congrats on your new sweet little one!

I have six, and find spinning very relaxing.