Wednesday, February 01, 2006

New Yarn and projects done



I've just finished another bobbin full of yarn. It was a nice easy to spin romney X roving from Leighton Farms in a blue/green stripe. I like the way it turned out pretty fuzzy- makes it seem so soft and warm :) I tried to make it "low twist" - it mostly is, but there are still some very twisty spots. It turned out pretty balanced. I also have a close-up of the plied yarn to show the color variations.





I've got a photo of projects that are done and one still on the needles- though it's been ripped out and re-started. I like it much better now. These were done with yarns I bought (I was such a yarn junkie I HAD to start spinning my own ;-) )




What's next? Well- I have three fleeces bagged waiting for me to wash and prep for spinning. One Shetland X, one Merino X, and a Lamb fleece- I think a Merino X too. The Merino, once washed, is just a beautiful white- it will be nice- photos for those are next :)
Have a great day everyone! Toodles

0 comments: