Friday, June 23, 2006

First Silk and some other stuff

Thanks to all the helpful folks at the Spindlers yahoo group I gave my silk it's first spinning! It is mulberry silk in colorway Opal (from spinningbunny) and I have the custom dyed Targhee to match. I will ply them together once I am done. This is my first spindle full of the silk (it's a greensleeves Vixen- worked out great!)



As I was trying to take even a half decent photo of the silk (the luster makes it hard- especially with the flash) my older daughter immediately said "Take a picture of me"- so here she is in all her spaghettio glory.



I thought I'd try outside, but it was too dark already. I did manage to get a picture of some nice colors in the sky though (darn the power lines!)



And lastly- just for fun- here is a picture of my custom made Cascableles spindle. It spins like a dream- I love it and what an awesome guy Gabe is- super service.


1 comments:

Abigale said...

Wow - that silk is just gorgeous! I think you'll be pleased and amazed when you see how much yardage you actually get out of the stuff on your spindle. I always am! The colourway is absolutely amazing - I'm resisting the temptation to go over to the website you linked... Must resist!

Beautiful little girl - especially in all her spaghettio glory.

And serious spindle envy on that Cascabeles spindle! I haven't tried any of his (yet) but always admire his craftsmanship.