Thursday, March 15, 2007

St. Patty's/ First Sock done!!!!!

I am making my St. Patrick's Day resolutions (I am so waaaayyy past New Year's and it's the next holiday!).
1. Less stress and more spinning/knitting. I closed my business so it may happen!


2. Start Christmas gifts by June so I can get them finished on time this year!


3. Do NOT spin my skeins to enter into the Taos Wool Festival the night before- they need to be dry!



No too many- maybe that way I can actually hold myself to it LOL.



Now.... Thanks to all the help from the people on the MonthlyDishcloths and Spindlers Yahoo groups I have finished my first sock out of my handspun superwash. Not too bad timewise- I just started it on Saturday evening and finished it up Wednesday evening.
It's just a tiny bit too long at the toe- but that's not too bad since it's actually for my son and he'll probably grow out of it before I know it anyway! So far none of the dreaded SSS, I've already got the second one going!


Last but certainly not least. My husband and I are expecting another little babe to grace our house in late Jluy or early August. We weren't sure if we wanted to find out if it was a boy or girl, but the doctor told us without asking today at the ultrasound. We're having a boy- a good addition to out two girls and 10-yr old boy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job! The sock looks great. The yarn is beautiful. You do such good work.

spininmamma4 said...

Thanks Anna!!! I'm so happy I made it through the first one!

Anne said...

Congratulations Chelsea - on your sock and on your baby! I love the colors in your handspun for the sock. Best wishes on a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby.

Anonymous said...

Nice socks! I love the colors. How cool that they're made from your handspun. I'm working on my first pair of socks and have had several frustrations (saggy arch area, toes too tight, etc.) but I will keep on. I've worn the first one and am not thrilled with feeling the purl bumps - I'm hoping it's just this specific yarn and I won't be this way with every pair I make.

Congratulations on the upcoming baby!