Sunday, July 23, 2006

And I'm spent!

The Tour de France is officially over (Floyd Landis won)- and thus ends the first Tour de Fleece. I managed to finish the alpaca/merino/tussah (my tertiery challenge) just in time. I ended up with 317 yards of DK weight (~13-14wpi) 2 ply yarn. I thought I was spinning pretty evenly, but not quite enough. I wound the yarn into a center pull ball to ply from both ends thinking that since it was folded in half to dye I would get the same colors from each end. It was a good thought and would have worked if I had spun the same throughout. It was pretty close, but I have places where the plies are the same color and some where it barber poles, but I think it is still pretty (though I can't really get that great of color in the picture at noon here- much too bright.). Here are pictures of the center pull ball- you can see at least the different colors here- and then one of the plied skein drying outside on the line. It was a fun challenge and I will look for it again next year!



2 comments:

Susie said...

How much more beautiful could you ask it to be? You've done an amazing job with the spinning...accomplished so much! The colors are all gorgeous and the skein...balanced. Excellent!

It's been nice 'meeting' you through the Tour de Fleece. I've got you Bloglined so I can see what you're spinning next.

Blessings~

Stephanie said...

Wow! Your spinning looks wonderful! Bravo and well done- it is gorgeous.