Monday, July 17, 2006

Change of plans- but now finished with Le Tour de Fleece Challenge!!!

Well- for the final part of my challenge I wanted to try a boucle yarn out my dyeing4spring exchange roving (first pic). I tried- but I just don't have a good wheel for the size yarn I made. I had a small bit on one bobbin that had the spiral already done. I tried a binder, but it got way too much twist as it wouldn't feed through the orifice on my wheel. So I decided I would keep the rest as a spiral yarn. It is well balanced and looks good to me (I've never done a really fun yarn before!) So that completes my challenge. Earlier than I thought- I wasn't sure I'd make it- especially since I got a late start after finishing my opal yarn! I started the challenge spinning July 9th and I managed to finish early morning July 17th. Yeah!!!


All in all for the challenge I spun 4oz silk, 8oz merino, and 5oz merino/kid mohair (not included is the last 1.5oz of opal silk and 8oz opal targhee I had to finish before I could even start my challenge!). I made three skeins of yarn- the lime and violet silk/merino is 318yds at ~12wpi, the rainforest and yellow silk/merino is 210yds at ~10wpi, and the merino/kid mohair spiral yarn is 99yds at ~5wpi. There was a litle leftover yarn so I have three tiny navajo plied skeins: rainforest silk-32yds, lime/violet silk-15yds, and merino/kid mohair-11yds . Here are pics of everything...






0 comments: