Friday, July 14, 2006

Bump in the road.....

Stage 12 is past and I'm feeling like I have actually accomplished something. I've been spinning and spinning, but now I have yarn! I finished the rainforest silk (the pic is of the silk on my Spindlewood Co. and Cascabeles spindles) so I plied them with the already finished merino today. I like the way the rainforest silk plied with the yellow merino, but the plying on the violet merino with the violet and lime silk looks awful. The singles look like they are barely hanging on to each other- not even close to plied together (though the yellow one doesn't look a whole lot different in the pic- it really is!). I'll have to un- and re-ply. I should still have the time left (as long as this isn't a horrible mess....) to try out making a boucle yarn- that will be the biggest challenge for me. Ride on!





1 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh both of these are gorgeous!. I'm in the middle of experimenting on some Corriedale with green KoolAide, yellow food coloring and Citric Acid. My nephew wants a green and yellow hat. We will see what turns out. It dyed my fingers just marvelously!